New in 2017, the My Disney Experience app is becoming your ticket to avoiding the lines at Quick Service restaurants at select locations on Disney World property.
Think of it like an addition to the FastPass+ program, where you can review the menu and make selections before placing an order for a future time without even being in line.
This is a game-changer for anyone who had ever stood in line behind guests who just didn’t know what they wanted for every member of their extended family while all you wanted was a simple bacon cheeseburger meal! You’re able to do so much with this addition to your vacation, so let’s look at the features.
Avoid the line:
- Open the My Disney Experience app
- Tap on the image of your character, scroll down to “My Plans” and select “Order Food”
- Pick and choose!
Pay Using the App:
- When your finished with your order, you’re able to review and then make your purchase directly using a credit card or debit card (not gift cards or Disney Dining Plans or if you’re getting a discount like Annual Pass)
Let the App Order for You:
When you’re at the restaurant, open the app and then press the “I’m Here, Prepare my Order” button. Yes…that’s a real button and its MAGICAL! When the food is ready, you’ll receive a notification from the app and you’ll go to the “Mobile Order Pick Up” sign.
It’s also very familiar if you’ve utilized the mobile ordering feature from Starbucks, so keep that in the back of your mind when you’re going through the steps to learn about the new program.
- D-Luxe Burger @ Disney Springs
- Flame Tree Barbecue @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Discovery Island)
- Pizzafari @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Discovery Island)
- Restaurantosaurus @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Dinoland USA)
- Satu’li Canteen @ Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Pandora)
Disney also offers advance ordering for Be Our Guest (Breakfast and Lunch only) up to 30 days in advance while using their “Order Ahead” feature through your account at disneyworld.com only.
Future Expansion of the Program:
- The Magic Kingdom in Summer/Fall 2017
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
Keep an eye out for the addition of locations and features in future expansions of this program.
- List of Restaurants to Avoid at Walt Disney World: Quick Service Edition
- Top Ten Quick Service Locations
You may be interested
Disney RumorsPatty Staricha - Jul 19, 2017
Everyone is always dying to hear what's next at the Walt Disney World Resort! The new magic is what us Disney fans look forward…
2017 Walt Disney World Closures and RefurbishmentsPatty Staricha - Jul 19, 2017
Article Updated Daily It's always good to know what is going to be closed during your trip to Walt Disney World (so bookmark this…