Top EPCOT Attractions to do BEFORE 10am
The concept of “Rope Drop” is second nature to many seasoned guests, but there are guests who need a little incentive to get up early! With more and more crowds showing up at the Walt Disney World Resort, strategy comes into the play for those who want to get the most out of their vacation.
Hours of Operation
- Future World is 9am until 9pm
- World Showcase is 11am until 9pm
- Except for Frozen Ever After in the Norway Pavilion, which opens at 9am)
Here are our recommendations for the Top EPCOT Attractions to do BEFORE 10am
–with a Morning Extra Magic Hours Tip at the end–
NOTE: We are planning for the first FastPass+ reservation of the day to be Frozen Ever After in the World Showcase. This means that although the first instinct would be to go to the Norway Pavilion, the rest of the World Showcase doesn’t open until 11am.
- Test Track – The goal of crossing Test Track off the list early is because it has a single rider line! With this option, you’ll be able to double back from Future World East to Future World West and not miss out on the element of surprise.
- Soarin – You shouldn’t have to wait too long for Soarin’ first thing in the morning because most of the guests who would have been in standby line for this attraction are waiting for Frozen Ever After already. With the addition of a third theatre, the capacity for this attraction has been increased 50%!
- Living with the Land – Directly beside Soarin is this diamond in the rough…and a great way to relax for 15-20 minutes after a morning of racing from one side of Future World to the other. Enjoy it!
- Seas with Nemo and Friends – Most guests actually just bypass this attraction and then end up having to spend valuable park time in a queue for an omni-mover ride (think Haunted Mansion ride vehicles). The earlier that you go, the less time that you’ll actually have to wait and the more time you’ll have to indulge in the adventures that EPCOT has in store!
**Morning Extra Magic Hour TIP**
If you’re planning on being at EPCOT during Morning Extra Magic Hours, keep in mind that there are only a select number of attractions that are actually open. Personally, when we do Early Morning EMH, our goal is to do two attractions (Test Track and Spaceship Earth) then walk over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a 10am-11am FastPass+ Reservation. Why? It’s all about using the time to our advantage without over-doing the expectation for a park that really doesn’t come alive until early afternoon!
What’s the best Touring Plan for Early Morning Extra Magic Hours?
- Test Track (Single Rider)
- Spaceship Earth
Once the park opens
- Breakfast @ Sunshine Seasons
- Living with the Land
- Seas with Nemo and Friends
- Frozen Ever After (FP+ 1030-1130am)
- World Showcase after 11am
Fastpass+ Reservations to get on this day
- Frozen Ever After (1030-1130a)
- EPCOT Character Spot (1230-130p)
- Mission: Space (130-230pm)
Do you have any tips? Share them in the comments below!
Get Your Free Planning Video
Click the Banner Below to Get Yours!
You may be interested
Practical Tips to Enjoy Your Disney Vacation BetterDustin Fuhs - Jun 24, 2017
Practicality is the name of the game, as we all are in unique situations and can't afford the same time or budget of…
Eat to the Beat Concert LineupPatty Staricha - Jun 22, 2017
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opens August 31 and runs through November 13 2017. Eat to the Beat performances take place…