The Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot is one of my favorite times of the year to visit. Though my allergies will disagree with that statement, it’s worth the snuffles to see the topieries. The displays are just stunning and something you want to get a chance to experience at least once.
This year boost 15 food booths where you can enjoy fresh food and refreshments. We also are very excited to see the new Belle topiary. The new live action Beauty and the Beast movie is sure to tie into this event!
Official Disney Flower and Garden Announcement
Celebrating 24 years when it kicks off March 1, 2017, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will jump-start spring with gardens of earthly delights plus new character topiaries, entertainers and food and drink offerings.
The festival, which expanded to 90 days in 2016, will open with an irresistible array of fresh surprises and new treats:
- Fresh, farm-market food and beverage flavors will debut at TWO new Outdoor Kitchens that will join 13 returning Outdoor Kitchens. Guest can sip and savor their way around Epcot, enjoying chef-inspired noshes and refreshing libations with or without a kick.
- The new generation of princess topiaries (Snow White, Anna and Elsa – the first to be designed and created with topiary facial features) will welcome a brand-new Belle topiary as fans remember her from the Oscar-winning Disney film, “Beauty and the Beast.” Located outside the France pavilion with the Beast topiary, Belle will come to life with sculpted facial features and her yellow ball gown created with golden blooming Joseph’s Coat plants.
- Another festival first will be a 6-foot-tall topiary of Figment, the feisty dragon mascot of the park’s Imagination! pavilion, perched atop a 5-foot-diameter ball fashioned from yellow Joseph’s Coat.
- The brand-new Epcot front-entrance topiary garden inspired by a vintage Walt Disney short film will spring to life with a floral-festooned maypole featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy, and Pluto.
- The popular Garden Rocks concert series will expand to four days each week, with three concerts each Friday through Monday presenting pop musicians that span multiple genres over four decades.
- New Garden Rocks Dining Packages will be available on select days at a number of Epcot restaurants.
- Reimagined interactive play gardens will include a new take on the “Cars”-themed garden introducing a new character topiary from the June 2017 release of the Disney•Pixar sequel, “Cars 3.” Music Garden Melodies play area will return with new garden and topiary elements.
- For the first ever time, the event’s Festival Center will extend operating hours from Wednesday, March 1 through Sunday, March 5. Throughout the rest of the festival, the center will be open each Friday through Sunday with an entertaining mix of gardening seminars and DIY workshops.
One of the popular Outdoor Kitchen gardens, Urban Farm Eats, will return with savory bites, sweet treats and ideas for planting produce that can inspire growing numbers of guests who want to learn to grow their own edibles.
“A lot of people, including young children, are serious foodies now, and they have lots of questions about gardening,” says Eric Darden, festival horticulture manager. “We’re getting more and more people in their 20s and 30s asking, ‘How can I grow this?’ I think we’ll be creating more gardeners because people can see what’s possible.”
The 2017 festival forecast will be sunny with colorful floral bursts by day and a nighttime landscape aglow with twinkling lights:
- Topiaries of Donald Duck and nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie will share Future World space in front of Spaceship Earth with Chip and Dale for a “Fresh Epcot” selfie and family photo opportunity.
- Anna and Elsa topiaries will return to the Norway pavilion festival landscape in celebration of the park’s new Frozen Ever After Nearly 100 festival topiaries in all will include up to 70 character creations such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and the Tramp, Simba, Timon and Tinker Bell.
- Guests will encounter garden surprises and special appearances related to Earth Day and other spring activities.
- The Butterflies on the Go garden will return with the story of the Monarch’s epic journey across the continent and featuring butterflies emerging from their chrysalises.
- On the way to the new Soarin’ Around the World film at the Soarin’ attraction in The Land pavilion, guests can discover gardens featuring edible flowers, plants that benefit health and healing, and a pollinator paradise.
Dozens of Disney-crafted “flower towers” and beds of multi-colored blooms will transform the park’s landscape. At least 70,000 bedding plants will surround the Future World east and west lakes alone; on the water, 220 mini-gardens will be set afloat.
Flower and Garden 2017 Food Booth Menus
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
Venture to Germany for Bavarian bites sure to sate foodies of all ages—every dish is köstlich!
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (V)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream
- Roasted Bratwurst with Curry Ketchup and Paprika-spiced Chips (GF)
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
- Hugo-Charles De Fere “Organic” Brut with Elderflower and Mint
- Paulaner Original Munich Lager
- Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen
- Köstritzer Schwarzbier Black Lager
- Beer Flight
Behold buzz-worthy ciders and artisanal provisions perfect for a farm-fresh picnic near the United Kingdom Pavilion!
- Pear Cider-brined Shredded Corned Beef with Braised Cabbage and Branston Dressing with Pears
- House-made Potato and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare
- Freshly Baked Lemon Scone with Crème Fraîche and Mixed Berries (V) (GF)
- McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider, West Seneca, NY
- Florida Beer Company Caribe Blood Orange Tropical Hard Cider, Cape Canaveral, FL
- Ciderboys Magic Hard Strawberry Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider, California (Non-alcoholic)
Fleur de Lys
Indulge in haute cuisine and boissons that’ll make you fall in ooo-la-la-love with this palate-pleasing Parisian pop-up!
- Tarte à l’Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian Onion Tart with Sautéed Onions, Fresh Thyme and Rosemary on a Flaky Puff Pastry Crust (V)
- Poulet aux Écrevisses, Riz Pilaf: Baked Chicken with Crawfish served with Rice Pilaf
- Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large Raspberry Macaron with Chocolate Fudge and Raspberry Jam (GF)
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
- Kir Pomegranate, Sparkling Wine, Pama Pomegranate Liqueur
- Brut de Pêche: Natural Peach Sparkling Wine
- C’est La Vie: Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blend
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664
Enjoy sweet ‘n’ tangy treats from our own Sunshine State-station, nestled between the France and Morocco Pavilions.
- Carne Asada with Black Bean Cake and Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Shrimp and Stone-ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn , Tomatoes, and Cilantro (GF)
- Florida Larder Board: Orlando-made Ricotta Cheese, Cahaba Farms Micro Onions, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic, Country Pâté and House-made Pickles
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Key Lime Sparkling Wine, St Petersburg, FL
- Tampa Bay Brewing Company Quat Seasonal Fruit Ale
- Barley Mow Brewing Company Mirth and Merriment Golden Ale, Largo FL
- Florida Beer Company Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale, Cape Canaveral, FL
- Beer Flight
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Tamiami Florida Gin
- Watermelon Cucumber Slushy (Non-alcoholic)
- Fresh-Squeezed Watermelon Juice (Non-alcoholic)
Journey to Japan for innovative plates crafted with culinary Zen—each delish dish is a Festival favorite!
- Frushi: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Raspberry Coconut Rice, sprinkled with Toasted Coconut and Whipped Cream on the side (V)
- Ahi Tuna Poke Sesame Ginger
- Beef Teriyaki Udon: Thin-sliced Beef, Onions and Noodles tossed on the grill with Soy and Ginger
- Sapporo Premium Black Lager
- Kirin Ichiban Pale Ale
- Matcha (Green Tea) Sake Cocktail
- Amabuki Kurenai Junmai Sake
- Ozeki Shin Junmai Sake
Jardin de Fiestas
Take a food-tastic tour of the Mexico Pavilion… these tantalizing tastes will add some spice to your day!
- Chile Relleno de Picadillo: Battered Poblano Pepper filled with Ground Beef covered with Tomato Sauce and Garnished with Queso Fresco and Toasted Almonds
- Brocheta de Pollo con Salsa Morita: Grilled Chicken with Red and Green Bell Pepper served with Salsa Chile Morita and Garnished with Micro-Cilantro and Edible Flowers
- Tres Leches: Vanilla Sponge Cake, Cajeta, Condensed Milk and Evaporated Milk and Garnished with Orange Zest
- Hibiscus Margarita
- Elderflower Pineapple Margarita
- Watermelon White Sangria
- Pacifico Draft Beer with Kahlua Floater
La Isla Fresca
Nibble on Caribbean-seasoned dishes that’ll send appetites swaying to the island beat!
- Jamaican-braised Beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut Lime Sauce
- Caribbean Conch Salad with Avocado, Mango and Onions
- FlanCocho: Vanilla Caramel Custard with Chocolate Coffee Cake (V)
- Red Stripe Lager
- Frozen Simply Tropical™ Juice Drink with Cruzan Mango Rum
- Frozen Simply Tropical Juice Drink (Non-alcoholic)
Sink your teeth into authentic Chinese eats filled with morsels of good fortune!
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- Beijing-Style Candied Strawberries (V)
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (V)
- Oolong Peach Bubble Tea
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango and Orange Juice
- Dragon Pearl: Beer, Honey, Cream and Tapioca Pearls
- M.S.G: A cooler of Mango Wine, Strawberry and Ginger Ale
- Plum Wine Cooler
- Tsingtao Lager
Northern Bloom – NEW!
Please discriminating palates with fantastic fare from our Great White North neighbor… O Canada!
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Apple wood Smoked Bacon (GF)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Nanaimo Bar
- Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whiskey
- Maple Popcorn Shake (non-alcoholic)
- Unibroue Maudite Amber Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Unibroue À Tout Le Monde Saison, Chambly, Québec
- Unibroue Éphémère White Ale, Chambly, Québec
- Beer Flight
Get your tropical fruit fix from tart ‘n’ tangy to the sweetest frozen treats!
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Pineapple Soft-Serve (V)
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Maui Brewing Company Pineapple Mana, Hawaii
- Pineapple Soft-Serve with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)
Mangiare hearty helpings of Old-Country dishes served with a glass of vino… now that’s amore!
- Antipasto Misto: Cerignola Olives, Sweet Soppressata and Salami, Ovolini, Mozzarella, Sweet Roasted Peppers and Ciabatta Bread
- Meatball Parmigiana: Hand-made Beef and Veal Meatballs, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella, Parmigiana and Fresh Basil
- Strawberry Tiramisu: Ladyfingers, Mascarpone Cream and Marinated Strawberries topped with Strawberry Sauce
- Pinot Grigio
- Bellini: Sparkling Wine and Peach Purée
- Rossini: Sparkling Wine and Marinated Strawberries
- Frozen Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
- Moretti Lager L’Autentica
- Moretti La Rossa
Taste of Marrakesh
Intoxicate taste buds with the exotic flavors of this North African mecca—mysterious Morocco!
- Merguez “Hot Dog” Sausage: Spicy Beef and Lamb with Sautéed Onions and Green Peppers
- Home-Made Falafel with Pickled Beet and Turnip, Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce
- Baklava (V)
- Desert Rose: Sparkling Wine topped with Pomegranate Liqueur
- White Sangria
- Guerrouane Red Wine
- Casa Beer
The Berry Basket – NEW!
Sweeten your feast with an assortment of berry-licious dishes sure to hit the spot!
- Lamb chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique
- Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette and Spiced Pecans (V)
- Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepper Berry Sorbet (V)
- Founders Raubeaus Pure Raspberry Ale, Grand Rapids, MI
- Island Grove Blueberry Moscato, Hawthorne, FL
- Twinings® Green Tea Berry Mint Julep (non-alcoholic version also available)
THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brews
Saddle up for slow-cooked specialties and a mighty fine selection of craft brews—at the American Adventure Pavilion!
- Pulled Pig Slider with Coleslaw
- Smoked Pork Ribs with Black Bean and Corn Salad (GF)
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños
- Warm Chocolate Cake with Bourbon-Salted Caramel Sauce and Spiced Pecans (V)
- Zen of Zin Old Vine, California
- Orange Blossom Pilsner, Orlando, FL
- 3 Daughters Phantasmas Spicy DIPA, St. Petersburg, FL
- Shipyard Maple Bacon Stout, Clearwater, FL
- Beer Flight
- Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine
- Frozen Lemonade (Non-alcoholic)
Urban Farm Eats
Quell cravings with an incredible menu of all-natural food and drink—plus tips to grow your own groceries!
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (GF) (V)
- Seared Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Ragoût, Spring Vegetables and Fingerling Potatoes
- Crabless Cake with Crispy Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Vinaigrette and Old Bay Remoulade (V)
- Avivé Natural Peach Sparkling Wine, France
- King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir, Oregon
- Wildflower Pale Ale, Forbidden Root Brewery, Chicago, IL
- Urban Mary with House-made Pickled Green Bean
- Urban Fairy Cocktail
Specialty Coffee Carts Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company®
Wet your whistle with Festival-inspired beverages and adult libations at coffee carts across the park!
Future World Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Spiked Chai Latte: Iced, frozen or hot chai tea latte with chai spices, creamy vanilla and blended with Bailey’s Irish Crème® or Grey Goose Vodka
Port of Entry Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Tiki Torch: Frozen passion fruit thrills with sweet juicy flavors and a hint of tartness, all blended with Grey Goose Vodka
American Adventure Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Frozen Strawberry-Lemon Sunset: Layered frozen strawberry and lemonade topped with Grey Goose Vodka
Showcase Coffee Cart Hosted by Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- The famous roasted coffee from Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company—chilled, then topped with Kahlúa, Grey Goose Vodka and rich, creamy half and half
Get Your Free Planning Video
Click the Banner Below to Get Yours!
You may be interested
Eat to the Beat Concert LineupPatty Staricha - Jun 22, 2017
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opens August 31 and runs through November 13 2017. Eat to the Beat performances take place…
Visiting Disney in JulyPatty Staricha - Jun 21, 2017
Welcome to our series on what to expect during each month at Walt Disney World. We break down the essentials month by month…